Thursday, August 27, 2009

A friend of mine mentioned today that he went to Ben's Chili Bowl in DC for lunch, and it was the best lunch he'd had for a while. He had a half smoke and fries. I mentioned that I had been meaning to go there for quite some time. He looked at me and said, "What could you eat there?"

Many people know of my quest to eat only non-industrialized, non-processed, non-chemical foods, but they confuse the idea with that of eating "healthy". I do think about what I am putting into my body, but I will gladly eat a burger, fries, and a big ole piece of pie. I just need to know how the burger, fries, and pie were made, and where the products they were made with came from. As a matter of fact, the hubby and I made burgers tonight, on the grill, with a pat of butter mixed up in the middle of each burger. (I read about this trick recently and, other than the huge flames shooting of the grill from the butter, it was quite tasty.) Butter is good. It is always good. And I'm not talking about the fake stuff, like margarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment